Saturday, July 28, 2007

Harry Butthole Pussy Potter

Hello internet!

How goes life? I hope everything is fine and dandy.

We are nearing the end of term 2 here. Exams started and all that is left for me to do is mark entirely too many projects/tests/papers and pray that my learners pass their exams. I’m keeping my fingers crossed these next two weeks. Though, I must say…being on the teacher end of exams is quite different. If I had my choice, I think I’d rather be on the teacher-side, at least until the marking comes.

I must say, this term has been much better than I really had hoped for. There will always be those challenges and frustrations that you can’t escape, but I’ve really enjoyed, if not most, then a good part of this term. Teaching isn’t always my cup of tea, but the interactions with the learners and staff members was well worth it.

My run is always a highlight of the day. On days when I’m alone, the sunset and peaceful time to myself keeps me in balance. At least a few times a week someone will join me, usually for a few hundred meters. Most often the little ones tag alone. They laugh and have a good time with it. It is hard not to smile when you have a pack of rugrats running after you, having a good time. Once, I had this brand new cow join me for a little ways. Can’t tell you how amusing that was. I will say one thing, cows smell like cows, no matter what continent they live, eat and poop on.

Why did I title my entry after Harry Potter, you ask? (if anyone can tell what the title is quoted from, 10,000 points for you). Well, I re-read number 6 in anticipation of the last book, even if I can’t read it for several months. But also, it was my daily escape from reality this week. This week was kind of rough and an hour with Harry was more enjoyable than an hour of pointless worry. So, I got to thinking if I were an animagus (sp?) what would I be? I can’t say just yet, but it would be something good and preferably blue.

My club has started and I think by next term we will be moving along. I don’t know if it will do any good, but at least it is a place for the learners to relax and have a little fun.

Funny learner moment: The smallest boy I teach, Jeremiah, (he is grade 8 and about the size of a five year old) tried to erase my chalk board the other day….he couldn’t reach half way to the top. He kept jumping with the duster, and just couldn’t make it. He was trying to help and it was real sweet. He has taken to doing this little dance walk whenever he gets walks into/out of/around class.

Take Care blog fans,
-abby

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha:) south park it is...

9:28 AM  
Blogger julie said...

hey sister....i knew it was sp too!! things are going well here. can't wait to come see you and i am very excited you go see ev soon!! love you! :o)

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home